Thursday, February 12, 2009

A post on the Go!

There is much talk about using smartphones to do day to day online activities on the go. Akhil told me to get into road warrior mode with my 5800 XpressMusic. I am not at the benefit of a full blown QWERTY like the Nokia N97 but am still enjoying thumbing away on my touch screen right in the middle of a lecture discussing ways to conduct a detailed NPV analysis of a firm. Ah. . . The beauty in letting ones mind wander ;)

I plan to walk the complete path on this one.... From writing the complete post to using my campus wifi to login into blogger and post publishing, to try and edit the post and insert a picture of my bench mate taken with it right here in class!

Here goes step 1......!

...Well as it turned out, Step 1 failed as I couldn’t post the article in class. Failed to connect to WLAN :( Now I am sitting in the mess and Akhil & Sonali are huddled close to me trying to get me to post my article ASAP. If this step turns out successful, Ill edit my post again and insert a picture. Here goes ;)

Hmmmm... step 1 failed again. It seems mailing go@blogger.com doesn’t work with my carrier which happens to be Airtel. Sonali is giving me the look and Akhil is playing Bounce on his 5800. Last tactic.. Am gonna log in directly into blogger via my web browser and post. This should work.

IT DID!!! We have a post up. Now we are trying to get a pic loaded - Successful!

Buddy... I told you that you are gonna get famous for sitting with the busiest man on campus!

Its simple. Send a mail using your gmail id from your mobile phone and claim the token at the mobile blogger website. That registers your mobile device. Any subsequent email to blogger automatically posts to the blog. Im loving it!!

Disclaimer: This post is in no way representative of the attitude of students studying at the prestigious IIMs. We attend all classes regularly and work our best to catch all thats thrown at us - be it cash flow analysis, queing theory, or target market segmentation :p

13 comments:

Vivek said...

nice post.. u seriously need N97 to keep posting ... buy one soon ;)

Chang Lekshey said...

posting articles using your phone is great dude!if 5800 can do so much...wonder how much n97 can do!

Shweta Sharma said...

Just imagine how easy it will be to chat online in class now!!! Aur ab to ppts bhi class mein hi banengi :)

Nikhil Jain said...

bloggers paradise man!!

djvnom said...

He He... I was almost worried that the final post wouldnt come up!

Ashish said...

The guy in the photo is surely happy about studying NPV.

prashant said...

wonderful! id nt have classes left but i wish i did
they wud have been so much fun

anushree kashyap said...

nice way of blogging!blogging on the go!would love to try it out!

Harman said...

nice tool dude!!!
i will have something better to do then sleeping in the class.. :)

anushree kashyap said...

pictures frm 5800 is coming good!

prashant said...

and also
jain tuu

Alter !dem said...

@Ashish: That guy ain't that happy studying NPV. That's his "ok-i-smiled-now-stop-taking-snaps-in-class-with-flash-on-or-the-prof-is-gonna-screw-my-happiness" look. How do I know? He is me :(

@Suban: World famous ... huh... and I thought you won't tell the world about my being the mild-mannered alter ego of the famous costumed crime fighter with an "S"... ssshhh-(uperman

djvnom said...

@Saurav - LOL. Maybe you want to post a link in the comments section with a link to your amazing SuperMan pic??